Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This is why you're fat.

The Obesity Epidemic. 1/3 of all our kids are over-weight in this country. Experts are up in arms, but that's too much excertion for the average Joe, so the general public doesn't seem to give a crap. Or maybe they can't because their bowels are impacted. Whatever. We're fat. Yes. But what bugs me is the question of how we got this way, and why we're obese. "How could we let this happen?"
Really?
You really don't know?
Well let me clue you in. I've heard the whining and the issues, but let's face it: We're Fat because we can be! And that's it! This is America, land of the free and home of the Whopper. We grow 95% of the world's corn, for instance, and of the amount we keep, 90% goes to Livestock! We've got so much, our cows get more than most other countries! 80% of the world doesn't live like we do, and a lot of them are lucky to get a hot bowl of gravel for breakfast. Me? I skipped breakfast because I ate so GD much last night I wasn't hungry, then past by five fast food places as I drove my lazy butt the two miles to work.
In this land of Good-n-Plenty, we get to eat more and excersize less than any other country around and we do! We eat gigantic portions of high-calorie crap because we can, it's there, and no body of any import tells us not to anymore. We're off the leash, and there's literally a garbage dump on every corner with a new 99 cent Menu.
To help graphically illustrate this epidemic of unrestraint, I humbly submit this link to help those of you in a Cheeto-induced stupor visualize the Best of the Worst Foods in America.
Click on this title to see some pretty outrageous...and, I must admit, tempting...foods.
This is why you're fat.

1 comment:

TK said...

Great link Scott!! I didn't know you could deep-fry coca cola!